How to apply for planning permission
Please follow these steps:
1. Find a site that you consider suitable for your needs. Consider your long term and short term requirements
2. Engage the services of a Consulting Engineer. The Consulting Engineer will:
- visit the site and following a visual inspection, will provide advice and opinion on the suitability of the site (At this point it is not necessary to have title on the site, you will require the landowners consent in writing to apply for planning)
- prepare a set of plans for your home
- attend the offices of the local authority with you for a pre- planning meeting. At this meeting the planning officer will highlight problems, concerns etc that can be addressed prior to planning. This speeds up the planning process and establishes a relationship with the planning officer
- prepare a site survey which records the levels and other structures present in the locality.
- Arrange for the percolation test to be carried out to assess the suitability of the site for disposal of waste water.
- Prepare a full planning application on your behalf and submit to the council for you. The papers also need to be notified of planning submission
- Represent you at council on any queries that may arise from the application
Paul Feeney Consulting Engineers provide the complete planning application service for domestic and commercial planning applications. call us today on 091 739 594